Rahuri Town have special recognition in SAHAJAYOGA and it’s well-known over the world. The family of H H Shree Mataji’s father is from village SHINGVE NAIK and whereas HER mother’s and grand mother’s family is from village NANDGAON. Both the villages are on the border of Rahuri tahasil and at a distance of two km from each other. However, both the families left their native villages when HER father’s young age. The town Rahuri is legendarily, known as MAHER OF GODESS DURGA because every year, a palkhi(doli) is sent to TULJAPUR (Swayambhu Durga place-Peeth) from Rahuri for the procession of Navratri. While talking about Rahuri Shree MATAJI ALWAYS USED TO SAY THAT IT IS HER MAHER [Home-Town ].Thus She had tremendous love for Rahuri.
On 22nd and 23rd march 1975. SHE came to the Agricultural University at Rahuri to give self realisation to the staff and students of the University.
Late Mr Madhukar Dhumal was the first Sahajayogi from Rahuri Town followed by late Prof. Vasant Mane (realisation 1972) and Prof. Mahendra Chavan from the Agri. University (realisation
1973). initially, these three persons use to organise the public programmes in the villages surrounding of Rahuri. During these public programmes, H.H. Shree Mataji used to give self realisation in masses to the villagers. Besides villages Shingve and Nandgaon being HER parents place, three villages namely, Musalwadi, Avadgaon(Aradgaon) and Taklimiya occupy important place in Sahajayoga for different spiritual reasons. Rahuri used to be the important visiting place during India tour of Sahajayogi’s coming from abroad, who participated in public programmes being conducted in 1980’s.They were impressed by amass self-realisation being obtained by the rural people. Perhaps the FIRST MARRAGE in Sahajayoga was held in Rahuri when Mr Gregoire De Kalbermatten the author of ‘Advent’ got married. H.H. Shree Mataji has suggested to the villagers of Aradgaon to change the name of village as AVADGAON as SHE (THE GODESS) liked this place.
- First Suyambhu EKADASH RUDRA is shown by H.H.Shree Mataji n 1980 Musa wadi
- First building of Sahaj Woman Welfare Society founded by H.H. Shree Mataji (Avadgaon)
- Holy Ashram Nirmal Dham Aradgaon established in 1987 (Avadgaon)
- First miracle photograph was caught in the camera by westem sahajyogini miss key m Hugh in 1982 (Taklimiya).
- Aloe vera plantation on Aradgaon ashram land as suggested by H.H. Shree Mataji (Avadgaon)
- Shirdi-Sadguru Sainath Temple 45 km away from Rahuri.
- Newasa-32km away frem Awadgaon where yogi saint Shree Dyaneshwar wrote Dyaneshwari wherein describes his personal experience of kundalini awakening and its importance.
- Dongargaon- where Adishakti Shree Sitamai and Shree Ram stays.
- Shingve Naik- H.H. Shree Mataji’s father’s village.
- Nandgaon- H.H.Shree Mataji’s mother’s place.
- Ashtavinayak- Swayambhu Siddhivinayak Temple Siddhatek